[Bug – Visual Studio] Crashing when using big CSS

  Big css crashing in Visual studio is a known issue with Visual Studio 2011 : Solution : Copy the Css on the website : http://www.codebeautifier.com/ Check the checkbox : Preserve CSS Check the checkbox : Standard compression Paste the CSS in Visual Studio css file, and it should work (with Notepad, not with visual... Continue Reading →

Advertisements

[SharePoint 2010 – Error fixing] Content By Query WebPart, display items links with wrong URL

You are programmatically creating a ContentQueryWebPart and when you test the solution, you try to click on an item link and you get a : “404 NOT FOUND” page errorThe error :The Content By Query Webpart displays items url as :http://jeff/sites/test/News/Lists/Posts/1_.000 orhttp://jeff/sites/test/News/Lists/Posts/2_.000  Solution :When you programmatically create the CQWP, you need to set the attribute... Continue Reading →

[SharePoint 2010 – Error Fixing] Error “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.” when trying to add links in top navigation bar, as sub menu. With a custom created Sharepoint web template

If you created a webtemplate based on any Site Definition (Team Site…) and if you comment the navbars part 1: <NavBars> 2: <!--<NavBar Name="$Resources:core,category_Top;" Separator="&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;" Body="&lt;a ID='onettopnavbar#LABEL_ID#' href='#URL#' accesskey='J'&gt;#LABEL#&lt;/a&gt;" ID="1002" /> 3: <NavBar Name="$Resources:core,category_Documents;" Prefix="&lt;table border='0' cellpadding='4' cellspacing='0'&gt;" Body="&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td&gt;&lt;table border='0' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0'&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td&gt;&lt;img src='/_layouts/images/blank.gif' id='100' alt='' border='0'&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td valign='top'&gt;&lt;a id='onetleftnavbar#LABEL_ID#' href='#URL#'&gt;#LABEL#&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;" Suffix="&lt;/table&gt;" ID="1004" /> 4: <NavBar Name="$Resources:core,category_Lists;"... Continue Reading →

[SharePoint 2010 – Error Fixing] SPException invalid date/time (Erreur : Valeur de date/d’heure non valide. Un champ de date/d’heure contient des données non valides. Vérifiez la valeur, puis réessayez)

What did i try to do ?I’m creating SPListItem Programmatically (create elements in a list) and when the item.update(); is called by the code, the following error is thrown :“Erreur : Valeur de date/d’heure non valide.Un champ de date/d’heure contient des données non valides. Vérifiez la valeur, puis réessayez”or in english :“SPException : invalid date/time…”What... Continue Reading →

[VmWare Workstation] Vmware workstation error : “Taking ownership of this virtual machine failed. The virtual machine is in use by an application on your host computer. Configuration file…”

Launching a vm leaded me that message error : "Taking ownership of this virtual machine failed. The virtual machine is in use by an application on your host computer. Configuration file"To solve the problem, delete lck files in the machine virtual folder content, search for : *.lck 

[SharePoint 2010 – Developpement] The file is not extracted, it has to be extracted before modifications (Le fichier n’est pas extrait, il doit être extrait avant d’être modifié)

In my code, i got the SPLIMITEWebPartManager object, before the page checkout.Actually, you'll have to first :CheckOut the pageGet the SPLimitedWebPartManagerThis post explain how to do ithttp://blogs.edwardwilde.com/2009/11/29/splimitedwebpartmanager-savechanges-throws-microsoft-sharepoint-webpartpages-webpartpageuserexception-the-file-is-not-checked-out/-----------------------------------------------Dans la page de code, je récupérais SPLIMITEWebPartManager avant le checkout de la page en question.Il faut d'abord :Faire le checkout de la pageRecuperer l'objet SPLimitedWebPartMangerCe post explique la... Continue Reading →

[SharePoint 2010 – Developement – Debuging] Error while debugging (Erreur au debuguage de Visual studio)

While debuging i got that tricky message : “The source file is different from when the module was built. Would you like the debugger to use i…”French : “Le fichier source est différent de celui utilisé lors de la génération du module. Souhaiter_vous tout de même que le débogueur utilise ce fichier”I’m programming a Sharepoint... Continue Reading →

[SharePoint 2010 – Error Fixing] Error when creating a new site based on a custom Site Definition : “ Taxonomy Catch All Field did not exist in the site columns “

When I created a new Site based on my Site definition, I got the following error from the LOGS : “Taxonomy Catch All Field did not exist in the site columns “.This was because I declared my list instance in the onet.xml : <Lists><List FeatureId="1875b07d-8d5a-445e-b7a6-23f0373b63a0" Type="101" Title="Documents QSE" Url="$Resources:core,lists_Folder;/Documents QSE" QuickLaunchUrl="$Resources:core,lists_Folder;/Documents QSE/AllItems.aspx" /> </Lists> <Modules>That... Continue Reading →

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑