After patching SharePoint 2010, with the cumulative Update of December, you could get some issues if you created custom content type by Visual Studio, using programmatically method (C#) :
- The document content type is missing
- The error prompting on sharepoint is : 0x0101 is missing
- The element content type is missing :
- The error prompting on sharepoint is : 0x01 is missing
- The error prompting : The parent content type specified by content type identifier 0x0…. does not exist
Solution adopted : Here is the content type declaration in Visual Studio, this content type is added in a feature :
After the patch, this declaration won’t work, you’ll correct it by deleting “Inherits” and “Overwrite” attribute. Inherits=”True” Overwrite=”True”
[Edit 01/03/2012] : You’ll need to redeploy the .wsp package, or to modify directly in the /14 folder, the deployed content type + iisreset (not tested).
Did you have any other issue after the cumulative update of december 2011 for SharePoint 2010 ?